||the "TRAIAN" Bridge
The building of the Traian Bridge was solicited by the local administration at the beginning of the 20th century. In 1908 the project of the Austrian Railway Society was accepted. The bridge was built after the plans of engineer Robert Toth (1857-1913) from Reşiţa, the iron structure being made at the plants in his town. The ornamentation contains many secession elements. The weight test and the official delivery to the local authorities of the bridge took place on 11th November 1910. At the end of the W.W. II the bridge was dynamited, but its structure wasn't badly affected. The bridge was remade in a few months after the end of the war. Being an industrial monument, it currently functions with weight restrictions.